Boys Get Paid was started in 2011 by the man, the myth, the legend Duan White(in his finest below) as a group of lads who loved to back a winner. We’d tip a horse weekly and hold bragging rights if our horse saluted.
It turned in to 20, 100, 500, 2,000 people and got a bit out of control to be honest, there were people posting pictures of multi’s, basketball BIG bets, sh*t chat, alsorts.
So we turned it off and now every single post is approved or disapproved. Every member must have a common connection to get in to BGP to ensure we have like minded people and who ever adds them can explain to them this isn’t a place of hero’s, sh*t comments and boasting.
Today it’s a community of 18,500 (and growing) avid racing and sports fans who don’t mind a beer and a bet.
We turned heads in 2018 at the Karaka Million where we ran a punters club turning $58,000 into $136,000. We turned back up in 2019 with 300 people in attendance and $177,800, setting a new record for NZ’s largest ever punters club. In 2020 we did it all again with 450 people and $250,000.
In late 2020, with the help of our Supporters Members, we launched an App which anyone can download. It has tens of thousands of downloads and all of our latest updates are in there including form, tips, events, a community section and a media section.
Boys Get Paid gives the punter somewhere to hang out with like minded people as well as access to all of the latest oil and some inside help before putting that money down.
– On course? BGP members punt on course, of course
– One shall not gamble the rent money
– The DM is for dating and mating, not abusing when losing
– A failed tip is not a call for the snip
– BGP is not a get rich scheme
– Members treat each other the way they would like their Mum to be treated
– Doing it in person feels better than doing it behind a keyboard
– Nobody shall withhold quality oil and then brag about their spoil
– Group 1 members still jump hurdles for maiden members
– Admins decide all photo finishes
In accordance with BGP values, we only encourage responsible gambling. If in need of assistance please visit Gambling Help Online Australia or NZ Problem Gambling Foundation